Friday, June 14, 2013

I am Depressed

Today I am feeling rather blue. Some days I feel quite badly and am unsure the reason. My mother and father used to call these 'gloomy days.' They would tell me that gloomy days were for being alone. In fact, they despised my gloomy days so much that they insisted I sit in my room until it had passed. My parents were very cheery people. They demanded that I smile all the time. If I was not smiling they would tell me to 'turn my frown upside down.' If I did not comply with this request they would scream at me until I cried. The crying was an indicate that I was having a gloomy day so they would lock me in my bedroom until I was capable of smiling.

My parents were always laughing. Sometimes they would laugh in bed, at nighttime, and sometimes they would laugh after work with glasses of clear liquid in their hands. And sometimes they would poke my belly and say 'tumble of bumble keeps a girl humble.' And then they would laugh some more. Even now, as I think of my darling parents I am growing sad. I must be having a doozy of a gloomy day as generally the thought of my parents would bring me a lot of joy.

I have invited Carole over to lock me in my room. I refuse to let the world see me in any way besides cheery. It is unbecoming to be upset or show any sort of grief. The only exception is when a spouse dies and even then you can only be upset for fifteen days. If the sadness extends past fifteen days then a doctor's visit is certainly in order. I was only sad about Humphrey for three days so I used the extra twelve to be sad about other things. It was kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment