Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hipsters. What are they?

I keep hearing the word 'hipster' a lot. What are hipsters? Why do they wear so much flannel and over sized glasses? I have observed these young flannel wearers when I venture out for coffee. I usually like to stay in and make my own coffee. I have a very expensive french cafe press and the coffee tastes very good from it. I don't know how to use it. I have to call Carole over to make it. But she does a good job at it, and I think she likes feeling useful. She hasn't felt as useful since the divorce. She doesn't work, so she has no reason to really ever feel useful. I never feel useful and I am quite happy.

In my day we called these type of youngsters 'draft dodgers' or 'gays.' But now they are called hipsters. I suppose it is because they wear their pants so tight you can see their hips. I wore a pair of tight pants once and I received a lot of unwanted attention. People told me to "change my pants" and they said things like "don't wear your pants so tight." I didn't like all the attention so I didn't wear tight pants again. Although it was nice to meet new people. Humphrey always said that "A new friend was like a new girdle. You can't squeeze your fatass in one, so don't bother." He said it a lot. I am really glad he's dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment