Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bad Things Happening to Good People

Why do bad things happen to good people? Bad things seem to happen to me all the time and I don't think I deserve it. Yesterday I fell down. I fell down in front of an ice cream parlor and everyone was staring at me. I saw one woman pointing. I find pointing to be extremely distasteful. Obviously her friend can see me. It did not seem necessary to point. Everyone was already looking in my direction. And I know they thought it was because I had eaten too much ice cream. But in fact I had not eaten any ice cream. I only go to the parlor to eat the waffle cones dipped in chocolate. I eat three at the store and take three home to eat in private. I much prefer to eat in private. It really isn't that enjoyable for me to eat in public but the waffle cones are too delicious for me to wait. So I sit facing a corner and try not to make a scene.

I also recently gained 15 pounds. I do not understand because I am very strict with my diet. And to top it all off I was talking to Carole and she made me feel like I did not do enough community service. Apparently Carole reads to children every Saturday. I think it is very suspicious to read to children. No one would want to read to children unless they had some kind of sneaky motive. The books that children read are very simple. A man rides a train. A couple of farm animals go on an adventure. I am not a simpleton. One dimensional stories do not excite me like they do Carole. That's why I much prefer the movies. Reading is for people who cannot afford the movies. And children do not like the movies, so I can't be bothered to spend time with them. But irregardless of my position she made me feel quite selfish. I am now searching for a way to make myself feel like I am giving back. Although no one really gave me much, except Humphrey when he died. But that was earned income as far as I am concerned. Giving back does not feel necessary. But perhaps it will stifle this string of bad luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment