Saturday, July 7, 2012

Cyber world here I come!

Greetings, I am Lady Butterpants. I know, such a silly name. But I take it quite seriously. I believe when your parents name you they have something in mind for you. They want you to DO something or BE something. I would say that in my life the most gentlemanly men have been named 'Herman.' I think when you name your son 'Herman' you expect him to be a gentleman. For example, 'Rodney' is a playful name. I would expect all the 'Rodneys' in the world to wear shorts and play some sort of ball game. If you want your child to become some sort of low life then you would name them something very short like 'Ben' or 'Ted.' Oh please, yes I know that 'Ben' and 'Ted' are short for longer names. But the point is, no one calls them 'Benjamin' or 'Theodore.' The parents of these children allowed them to abbreviate their names and now I am sure that they are some sort of blue collar worker living paycheck to paycheck. They probably steal as well. Most 'Ben' and 'Ted's' do. So when my parents gave me the great responsibility of the name 'Lady,' I took it quite seriously. I always wear a dress. Never a skirt. If you wear a skirt then you must be wearing some sort of mannish shirt. And I do not like that at all. I prefer a dress with at least 3 bows. But never in the back. I feel that bows on the back of one's dress are very cheap looking. Yes, my parents instilled in me a great deal of responsibility with the name 'Lady.' 'Butterpants', as you can imagine, is an old family name. It has changed slightly from my ancestor's 'Butrepantes' when we immigrated to this Country some 200 years ago from Muldova. My family is filled with so much rich history! My father and I planted an actual family tree that we would hang pictures of family members from when I was a little girl. I used to sit under the tree and imagine what it would be like to live 200 years ago. It seems like as long as you had some money and were white, it would be a pretty great life. But enough day dreaming. I live in the 21st Century, and as such my girlfriend Carole persuaded me to start a blog. Because I have a lot of opinions on things. Friends ask me my opinion all the time, and sometimes I give the same opinion over and over again because it applies to several different situations. I am excited to share my thoughts with you, internet friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment